Joe Watkins is an attorney licensed in the District of Columbia and the State of Arizona. Joe has practiced law for over 25 years with the primary focus of his practice in insurance disputes, injury claims, and related issues.
Mr. Watkins graduated from the University of Arizona College of Law. Prior to practicing law, he worked in media production in a number of different capacities.
Early in his career Mr. Watkins worked with a large law firm almost exclusively representing insurance companies in all different types of insurance disputes. During that time, he learned how insurance companies work; how companies handle claims; how companies work to deny insurance benefits; and, most importantly, what it takes to beat the insurance companies at their own game.
Mr. Watkins went from representing clients like State Farm, Allstate, Farm Bureau, USF&G and other large carriers to representing people and small businesses after forming his own practice in 1992.
Mt. Watkins handles a variety of different injury and insurance issues from large wildfire losses to single-family residence issues. He has dealt with virtually every type of claim denial, insurance dispute and insurance lawsuit. He developed this website not for the purpose of providing legal advice to the public, but rather for the purpose of providing information about a broad spectrum of insurance issues in an accessible format in an effort to “level the playing field” for everyone.
Mr. Watkins has had cases featured on Oprah, in the Wall Street Journal, The Maine Antique Digest, numerous local news affiliates and publications throughout the Southwest.
With his primary office in Tucson, Arizona, he has dealt with insurance disputes and related insurance issues throughout the Southwest.
Mr. Watkins is a married father of three. He and his wife Michelle divide their time between Tucson, Arizona and Lexington, Virginia.
- 2009 – Present Joseph W. Watkins, P.C.; Insurance Consultant and Licenses Property & Casualty Insurance Adjuster
- 1992 – Present Joseph W. Watkins, P.C.; Sole Practitioner
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Personal Injury
- Interstate Trucking & Insurance
- Homeowners Association & Risk Management
- 1988 – 1992 Gust, Rosenfeld & Henderson; Associate Attorney, Litigation Department
- Insurance Defense
- Commercial Institution & Banking Defense
- Desert Labrador Retriever Rescue, Contributing Volunteer (2009 – Present)
- St. Alban’s Preschool Fundraising Committee, Member (Arizona State Bar (1988 – Present)
- AYSO Soccer, Coach (2009, 1999 – 2000)
- Jewish Community Center Preschool Fundraising and Teacher Appreciation Committee, Member (2007 – 2009)
- Men’s Anti-Violence Partnership (MAP) Council, Founding Member (2007 – 2009)
- National Wild Turkey Federation, Member (2005 – Present)
- Arizona State Bar Volunteer Teachers Program, Instructor (2000 – 2004)
- YMCA Baseball Tucson, Coach (2000 – 2001)
- Tucson Zoo Annual Party Fundraising Committee, Member (1997 – 2000)